Venturer Scouts never turn down a challenge, in fact, they make their own!
Scaling a 30m rock-face or abseiling into caves may frighten most people but Venturer Scouts face the challenge head on and then go white water kayaking! As a Venturer Scout you’ll work in Units with other Venturer Scouts and your Adult Leaders are always available to provide you with advice, encouragement, and support. As a Venturer Scout you’re given the freedom to choose your own activities, depending on your interests, because we know that you’re most motivated to achieve when you’re passionate about what you do.
What can I do in Venturer Scouts?
- Travel overseas on exchange
- Dive the coral reefs
- Gain leadership qualifications and undertake accredited management courses
- Tackle white-water rapids in a kayak
- Study astronomy and meteorology
- Examine the importance of conservation
- Serve the community and understand good citizenship
- Gain first-aid qualifications
- Plan and participate in your own challenging expeditions
- Develop skills in the visual, performing, and literary arts
- Experience personal growth
- Make new friends with similar interests and extend your social life
- Abseil down cliffs, fly planes, hang glide, build bridges,mountain bike across real mountains – the possibilities are endless